Uquifa is a manufacturer of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and intermediates for the pharmaceutical Industry, and is the API division of Vivimed, Laboratories, India. UQUIFA operates 3 manufacturing sites, 2 in Spain and 1 in Mexico, which operate under cGMP conditions and have been inspected and approved by major Pharmaceutical Companies and Regulatory Authorities, including the US FDA. UQUIFA employs over 500 people and has sales in excess of €100m.
Uquifa sells to more than 70 countries worldwide and has more than 150 active DMF´s filed and 20 CEP’s approved. Uquifa counts amongst its customers the major Generic and Ethical companies operating in the Industry and continues to invest in personnel and facilities to maintain a state of the art technology base to both, the Generic and the Ethical Pharmaceutical Industries.
Uquifa is looking to fill the post of HR and Legal Director. The post holder will report directly to the Chief Executive, Mark Robbins and he/she will be a member of the senior management committee. The post is based in Barcelona, Spain.
The post holder will be responsible to ensure all company secretarial matters are managed effectively and efficiently, as well as formulate the Spanish and Mexican personnel budgets and ensure they are met. It is key to maintain a good labour relations environment, ensuring the heads of departments meet the personnel objectives in communication, team work, training, defend the Uquifa, Spain and Mexico in legal matters, ensure with the CEO of the Uquifa Group that all commercial legal matters and Human Resources objectives are constantly met and improved.
· Defend Uquifa Spain and Mexico in legal matters
· Strong Leadership of the HR departments.
· He/She will actively lead with all departments that they have the appropriate human resource
to meet the objectives and policies of the company.
· An undergraduate degree in Law and qualified lawyer in Spain.
· A HR, Labour relations and Legal advice Head with over 5 years experience in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry preferably.
· Expert knowledge in international commercial and intellectual property law.
· A very High level of spoken and written English.
Send your email to Susana Anguera: